Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clliping mask on graph

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How Can I do clipping mask on graph in AI? I would like to do on part of my graph.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw a shape above the graph,

Select  both the graph and the shape

Object > Clipping  Mask > Make

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R,

As I (mis)understand it, create a path with the desired shape (what you wish to show of the graph), then select that path and the graph and Ctrl/Cmd+7 (Object>Clipping Mask>Make).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I show what I mean. CMD + 7 don't work on graph, only on object. Also I can't covert graph to object because this option is disabled in object section. In annex I have circle and clipping marks on it is ok. I would like do the same thing only on black part of my graph.
It's possible?

graph.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R,

You can create an effect based upon the colours in the graph as follows:

Place the graph on top of the photo and select both, then in the Transparency flyout click Make Opacity Mask with both Clip and Invert Mask ticked.

That will give you full opacity of the photo where the black is, full transparency where the white is, and intermediate opacity/transparency for the rest depending on the darkness of the grey bits.

You may change the graph so everything is either black or white if you wish to have only the part of the photo where the black is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't do a clipping mask with a live graph (still editable)

If still editing the graph data is not necessary, you might consider expanding the graph. Ungroup it for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines