• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors are Dull in Illustrator Despite it being in RBG mode

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked this question many times in the past and usually the fix is the same. However, this time my document is on RGB and for some reason my colors are still dull or not accurate to what I am looking for. What else could be causing dull colors?Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 3.53.09 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 3.56.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a look at the color 22BC22 in your last screenshot, that seems to be the correct sRGB color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which green? I just checked on imagecolorpicker.com and all greens in this screenshot are different. Haven't been able to use illustrator at all should i repost or contact customer service? I need this for work and none of the colors are accurate 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I put a  22BC22 rectangle on top of your screenshot.

Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 17.27.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your document color profile (at the bottom of your window)?

Doc profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 4.13.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I was on the wrong document. It says "Display Based" which may be the reason. Where can I change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the profile with Edit > Assign Profile... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to continue still despite the profile change

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 4.20.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show your Edit > Color Settings... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 8.30.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks ok (I would advise to turn on the warnings for profile mismatches and missing profiles).

Does it also happen if you copy the content in a new document?

Do you have multiple monitors and does it change when you move your document onto another one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I screenshot the first artboard with the issue and created a new file/artboard and the colors are mismatched. I also tried going to the other monitor but the issue persists.

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 8.57.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the brighter green is the color its suppose to be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually none of these look like the color I see in my color picker and the hex color pickers on the web. It should look more like your screendump of your color picker (where you said The issue seems to continue still despite the profile change)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a video or place you can link me to where I can get this properly set up? Maybe I've been using the wrong color settings all this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid there is no free tutorial or help file that guides  you through the setup.

There are LinkIn training videos and there is this help file: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/keeping-colors-consistent.html

Your current settings look ok (I would advise to turn on the warnings for profile mismatches and missing profiles). And the color you specified is the color I get and the color that you will see in websites that let you create hex colors. It may not be the bright color you want, but specifying another hex color can solve that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines