• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors darken and dull over time

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has arisen a few times and I haven't seen an answer as to why it's happening. I've had this issue where the colors in my document, whether custom colors or pulled from imported swatches, etc, change and got more dull and darker over time in the doc. It changes the hex/rgb values and everything. It's quite frustrating and I've had this happen to me on two different machines over the last 2 years. I have not changed any color settings, I am working in RGB. I link a lot of images within my document as well.

Below is one instance. I cheated the background of this image by eye dropping it and it will change to the darker version within a few hours, having not touched that composition. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.25.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.24.10 PM.png

Here is another instance, bottom is the original color, top is the altered.

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.36.09 PM.png

 

These are the settings that I see, note that I did not change any Color Mangement/Profiles. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.27.23 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.24.46 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.34.12 PM.png

This is the color profile that I see most often.

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.26.01 PM.png

 

But I also saw this pop up at some point, so I screenshotted it. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.25.02 PM.png

I will continue to monitor it and post updates as I need this to be sorted. 

Is it changing color profiles as I work? Is there some hot key that I'm accidentally hitting that I'm unaware of? And what should the color profiles be. I'm not doing production work. I'm working in RGB to create work for a digital branding presentation. Nothing that should need anything specific, I feel.

 

Good luck and godspeed.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

The principles of printing haven't changed a lot. You will find a lot of improvements that came with digital printing of all sorts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines