Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

colour overlays

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a vector file which is made up of lots of swirls/flame type shapes in many many shades of red/orange. However, I want to keep the design as it is but change it to shades of green. Is there a quick way to do this rather than selecting each shape and changing colours, grads etc? In photoshop, I would do this by desaturating the file then adding a layer on top of green and selecting 'overlay' in the layer options.

Can anything like this be done in Illustrator? Would happily take the file into Photoshop but want to avoid large file sizes if possible.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use Edit > Edit Colors > Recolor Artwork for this. There are lots of tutorials on how to use it. Just recently there was a session on it: http://blogs.adobe.com/infiniteresolution/2011/06/adobe-illustrator-ask-a-cs-pro-recordings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Window > Transparency you have essentially the same features as the ones you have described from photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/joseph+ludwik  schrieb

If you go to Window > Transparency you have essentially the same features as the ones you have described from photoshop.

Let's hope this job from 2011 is already finished by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit rusty with Illustrator, so I googled this same question and this was the result. I eventually figured it out myself but just figured it could help the next person who has the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here for this.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines