• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Profile change when Exporting JPG from Ai 2020.

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have two saved JPGs from the same Ai file, one (right side) is saved after update of software (2019-2020), as in I deleted and reinstalled.

Is this why this is happening? Or am I missing something 🙂 

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 08.39.38.png

The HUE set in the document is still the same, but once saved the colour profile is changing to LCD, which is showing a change in the colour of the art work. Help 😞 Thank You In Advance 🙂 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show your Adobe Illustrator colour settings in the problem version of Illustrator.

And please show the JPEG export dialog with settings filled in.

The hope is to find something simple rather than a bug that will be difficult to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colour SettingsColour Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPG EXPORTJPG EXPORT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, there is good info here. Especially in the Export settings, here are mine (you may have to return to the forum to see any pictures):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa, what happened to my picture...!

Thanks, there is good info here. Especially in the Export settings, here are mine (you may have to return to the forum to see any pictures). Notice the profile name. Yours is "Monitor", which is bad. Maybe Edit > Assign Profile. Picture follows, maybe...

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see in your color setting that your Color Management Policies are set to Preserve Embedded Profiles for RGB.

I guess that you Opened the jpeg in Illustrator. That means it will keep the RGB profile and not be converted to your sRGB working space.

You can change this for future imports by setting the Color Management Policies for RGB to Convert to Working Space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've done it, I've gone into 'Assign Profile' within Ai. This was all created/exported from Illustrator from the same file. So fingers crossed its worked, thank you so much for your advice, I will go have a look at this too. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I clicked 'don't...' i went back in and the sRGB option came back! :)Once I clicked 'don't...' i went back in and the sRGB option came back! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think Assign Profile in Illustrator is the right way.

Assign Profile leaves the color numbers the same, it just changes the interpretation of the numbers and will show a different color.

Illustrator does not have a Convert to Profile like Photoshop.

For existing export from Illustrator, converting in Photoshop is the correct way to change the profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines