Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

combine script and action

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there a way to merge a script and an action?

I would like to add at the end of an action the script I created to close the Illustrator app (as it does not work in the action as the Close command).

Can I call a script in an action, and how (where do I find the action source files?), or do I have to make a script out of it all?

thank you.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Actions palette menu, you can use the Insert Menu Item command to insert a script into an action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, yes this worked for the combination. Probably I had to restart.

But: here I have the same problem as before in another topic where I thought I could solve it with this topic :).

When I choose the menu item "Close" or now even the script (doing the same "close") then Illustrator says during the action "The Objekt Close is not available at the moment". Is this known?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok I found out: when you put a close of the document before the close of the app in the action, it does not work. if you save in the action and then close directly the app, then it works. Ok!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines