• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Components and Variables in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need components and variables in illustrator for packaging design. I often have packaging designs in multiple flavor varieties all ready to print but I need to make an edit to a single variable on a single element on the design, let's say the size of the logo (but all other variables of the logo shouldn't change). I have to make this edit multiple times on each variety which is never 100% accurate.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recording that scaling as an action does not help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
13 hours ago 13 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika, not really. I'm talking "figma" style variables, if you're familiar with that at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
9 hours ago 9 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are expecting anyone to answer your question, you might want to explain in detail what you expect to happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a reason why you can't use placed Illustrator files?

If the logo was a placed image, you could update it once and all the other files would update automatically when opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines