• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert complex RGB gradient mesh to CMYK

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I bought this stock art vector file for printing some design work I am working on. It never showed the color mode of the file. Turns out it is RGB. So I try to convert it to CMYK and it screws up the entire file. I have included screen shots of what the file does and would appreciate any fixes anyone might have so I can have this CMYK mode.

Capture-RGB.PNG

ORIGINAL - RGB

Capture-CMYK.PNG

CONVERTED TO CMYK

Capture-outline.PNG

OUTLINE MODE (to see the complexity)

I am able to do a workaround in Photoshop and just rendering it the size I need.... however I really just want CMYK vector I can send to a printer.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Screen & Overlay blending modes do not convert. So you will need to manually edit the gradient stops, and can use select same appearance to make this go faster. Sometimes this is only a few blends, but often this is very cumbersome.

Do you absolutely need vector, those flames do tho need a hard edge, and you could just open in Photoshop as CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can flatten transparency which will give you vector masks containing bitmapped images for vector edges.

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.32.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.33.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.33.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your printer probably won't mind as long as you send a sufficient resolution file.

Ask them what exactly they need.

What exactly is it that you're printing? Which printing method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printers now days can workaround RGB files. Especially if you place it in Indesign. It will convert it  without you doing anything!

We need to educate the printers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When someone sends files over and some images are in RGB others in CMYK, it takes more prepress time to make decisions and clean up the artwork. The fire dragon artwork for example has a black background and I would use very specific mixture of CMYK  for a deep rich back, and consistently use those values for this client.

In summary when turning over files needing modifications, expect to rightfully pay more to have that done, or suffer a bad print job from a printer working on a low budget who does not have the time and rips what you send.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines