• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste note working for certain objects

Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste (CTRL+C - CTRL+V) is not working for certain objects (worked fine yesterday).  I have not third party or plugins, no other programs running, etc.  This working in all other programs, including Photoshop.

I can right click and copy, then hit CTRL+V and it will work.  

I've tried updating Illustrator to the latest but that didn't do anything.

What's the problem?  I do this probably hundreds of times a day.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , How-to , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Antivirus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Win 11 AI 27.9.3 I had a strange problem where when I hit paste and thought I had your issue, but instead it pasted way far outside the artboard. It is supposed to paste in center of artboard, in my 35+ years of using Illustrator.

So I removed the old illustrator and went with AI28.4.1, which at least pasted onto the artboard. How it decided that location Maybe this is a windows 11 issue, what OS  & AI version are you using, as this is important?

Let's troubleshoot your issue. Can you try to confirm if the copy is indeed happening? After you paste do a select all and you can see the bonding box, and if it goes out farther. Also check it is not doing a paste in front by selecting the object and deleting temporarily so one is not underneath.

Next try a paste in front, to see if the copy worked.

I find it strange that if you do a copy, it does not say undo copy, but it will show in undo for paste.

Until we figure this out, try alt dragging to create a copy for some relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 and v. 28.4.1 (I just updated hoping it would help, I generally stay away from updates for at least a year given Adobe's track record of bugs).

I can right-click, select 'copy', then hit CTRL+V and it will paste in front (I've never seen that with just pasting, though I do use CTRL+F often enough).  There's nothing outside the artboard.  

Ok, so I was just playing around with it.  It continues to get weird.  Now CTRL+V pastes like normal, but CTRL+C still does not work.  I guess a restart last night further exacerbated the bug.

Alt dragging works, but at least 50% I am trying to either past into a new layer, or paste into a new file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @displaced7,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under Safe Mode (Windows / macOS) and checking if it helps? Also, try running Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines