• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a graphic style from pre made style

Explorer ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i purchased a vector font/lettering from adobe stock i really like the style of the font but would like to change some of the letters as they are not legible . I have tried duplicating the style applied to the letters but it's just not the same .

Is there a way to save the style of the letters as a graphic style so i can apply to another font ? I have tried dragging to the appearance panel but just get a plain white box with a red line.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Hi James,

A Graphic Style is a collection of Appearances and can be applied to live text as well as other shapes. Select your text with your selection tool and open the Appearance panel to see the appearances.

A Paragraph Style is the character and paragraph formatting including typeface, typesize, type style, leading, indents, etc.

A Character Style is for those words that are a portion of a paragraph and not the entire paragraph, such as bold or italic or red.

Which of these three applies to what

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has a Graphic Style panel that can be accessed under the Window menu. Select the object that has the style you want and add it to the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand what you are trying to accomplish, the answer is no. Dragging a text object to the Graphic Styles panel will save the style of the bounding box rectangle, so unless you have applied a style to it, there will be no style. If you highlight the text and save that as a style, the default will be just a black fill and no stroke. If you create outlines (expand) the text, again the default style is black fill, no stroke. A vector font is only paths with a fill applied. There are no attributes or effects that will apply the "style" of the font, such as serifs or curlicues. Is this what you're asking for?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you

I have attached a screenshot of the vector font and layers panel . I wanted to save the style on this object to use on another live fontgraphiic.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please, show the screen: what you have and what you want to acheve. Now it's not clear wether you mean an object (text) appearance (fills, strokes, effects etc.) or a text formatting.

You can save an appearance as a style in Graphic Style panel like Barbara suggested, or create a text (Character / Paragraph) style based on text formatting options.

But these are different things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you

I wanted to save the style of this screenshot  to use on another live font . graphiic.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

A Graphic Style is a collection of Appearances and can be applied to live text as well as other shapes. Select your text with your selection tool and open the Appearance panel to see the appearances.

A Paragraph Style is the character and paragraph formatting including typeface, typesize, type style, leading, indents, etc.

A Character Style is for those words that are a portion of a paragraph and not the entire paragraph, such as bold or italic or red.

Which of these three applies to what you have?

Since you purchased it from Adobe Stock, is it live text or outlined text? I expect it is text shapes, or outlines, and that appearances have been applied. If you are not sure, give us the number of the Adobe Stock and we can check it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thank you it's #190840995 on adobe stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamess25035340  wrote

Is there a way to save the style of the letters as a graphic style so i can apply to another font ?

Hi James,

No, you won't be able to with these letters, which are outlines. I ungrouped one letter twice and pulled it apart. Each letter is created from 10 objects. You could try to reproduce the effect with another typeface, but expect to put a bit of work into it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are a couple of shapes and then stacked in the appearance panel and moved.

Basically you need the effects:

- effect > path > offset path

- effect > distort & transform > transform

and then like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-12 um 19.32.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-12 um 19.32.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines