• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Paths

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to change a Png image into an Svg. I've heard the create outline tool is supposed to work for this, but it's grey when i select the picture so I can't click on it. The other option I've heard is using a pen tool to trace it, but this takes a long time and it covers the image in a white separate layer. What should I try next?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Image Trace to convert a raster graphic into vectors:  How to edit artwork in Illustrator using Image Trace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outlines is grayed out because a png is not vector.

I hope that Image Trace will work for you, but depending on the complexity of the png image, you may find that the Pen tool is the most accurate tool to use. Its not an intuitive tool, but it is well worth spending the time to become proficient at using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kaylee_127  wrote

What should I try next?

Try to follow some basic tutorials:

Adobe Illustrator Learn & Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you show a screenshot of the actual PNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines