• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 AI : set scroll wheel zoom directions

New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I use OSX Lion with the default reverse/inverted scrolling. In AI CS5 and PS CS6 I'm used to zooming by holding the opt/alt key while scrolling. Just like in these apps, it's expected when I move my scroll wheel up then the artboard will zoom out, and when I move I scroll down the artboard zooms in.

In Illustrator CS6 , this behaviour is flipped and I can't find any way to set/reverse it. Anyone know? This is killing me.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pirijan wrote:

In Illustrator CS6 , this behaviour is flipped and I can't find any way to set/reverse it. Anyone know? This is killing me.

Thanks!

Win User here.    Agree.   We should have the option to change the scroll wheel as if it were a keyboard customization.   These are basic things that build the core of the apps flow.    All CS programs should work this way.  i ahve trouble with preimiere changing from one version to the next each day as i go from work to home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit

this is an old thread but thanks to the previous post. But if you have magic mouse the option is to scroll direction: natural has to be uncheck.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inverted mouse scroll in illustrator is driving me mad while switching to indesign / photoshop. I can't understand, why in the 6th (!!) version of the Creative Suite is still such a pain to use all the apps together. The interface is still not unified after so many years. Lost money for the upgrade for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, quite annoying, I wont go as far as saying it has ruined for me. It definitely makes it a bit awkward when i am jumping between PS and AI, but I think the great improvements made to Photoshop in the newest release outweigh the strange scrolling behavior hands down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you on that swhinck. PS cs6 is a significant improvement. AI cs6, however, still feels like a regression . My solution: use cs6 photoshop with cs5 illustrator. They work great together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they really?

I didnt consider doing it, it seems like a lot of work.

You may be right though, I will give it a bit longer and if it just keeps itching at me I will go the same route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well in my case I already had cs5 installed so it wasn't a big deal to keep just AI cs5.

But ya, I'm regularly going between the two programs and the flow is flawless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed!!! ...with update 16.2.0! Finally!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like a christmas miracle. But when I open up illustrator cs6 and check for updates it says I'm up to date, even though it's on 16.0.3 with crappy scrolling still ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh wait, it works all the same now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, can i ask where to download the update 16.2.0? I checked the website it's only the 16.0.4 now, and the problem still there even after used the adobe app. manager..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines