• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete spesific color object

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to delete all white part in this QR. is there a way to make illsutrator select all white part and delete it or i really need to delete it manually

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

What is your QR code composed of?  If it's made of vector objects, this is one way: you simply need to select one of the white areas and Select > Same > Fill & Stroke (or, Same Appearance, or just Same Fill, depending on which works best for you). Of course, this may select other white in your document along with it, so make sure you don't accidentally delete something you still need.

If it's an image (e.g. png) you will have to edit in in Photoshop or other image editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole thing needs to be vectorized. Rather than use Live Paint or whatever to do that, why not just re-create the QR Code in vector format from the outset using Adobe Express?
https://new.express.adobe.com/tools/generate-qr-code

You can download the QR Code as a SVG file and use as is. I'm picky about overlapping paths and there tends to be a bunch in these codes, but they're easy to clean up in Illustrator. You can open the SVG there. Just release the clipping masks and drag the important code squares up to another layer and use the Unite command in the Pathfinder palette to weld over the overlaps. After that you'll have a perfectly good vector-based QR code with no stubborn white boxes in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ahh, i didnt know that adobe also can make a qr.

Thank you for your answer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your QR code composed of?  If it's made of vector objects, this is one way: you simply need to select one of the white areas and Select > Same > Fill & Stroke (or, Same Appearance, or just Same Fill, depending on which works best for you). Of course, this may select other white in your document along with it, so make sure you don't accidentally delete something you still need.

If it's an image (e.g. png) you will have to edit in in Photoshop or other image editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see, thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines