Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Divided objects with dotted lines

Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I divide an object (two objects overlapping and I want a part to go behind and one part in front) I generally colour in the divided shapes to suit. However when I save the file as a pdf, a small line appears around the divided areas I have coloured in. Is there a way to fix that or is there a way to do the same process but a lot easier. I'm still quite new to illustrator
Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 11.55.36 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have divided the object why not delete the lines? Select them with you direct selection tool and delete.

Also in Acrobat you can check 'smooth lines' in Preferences > Page Display to see if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot delete the lines, using the direct selection tool only deletes the shape

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines