• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dotted underlined objects in layers panel

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Recently I discovered some specific issue — I've received an .ai file with a simple shape on artboard. Looks like a rectangle with cutted round region.

As you may see, in layers panel it undelined with dotted line. And on artboard it acts like there's no cutted region. Only the outter rectangle path is visible and editable. Rounded region stays invisible in outline mode.

Does anybody know what does it means? Is this path corrupted or something? I found this problem while scripting. I selected all objects in script and moved them along the artboard, but this damned rounded region stood still. Is there a way to move it?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Is there an opacity mask in this document? If so, it should be visible inside your Transparency panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an opacity mask in this document? If so, it should be visible inside your Transparency panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that is. So simple, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If someone will face the same problem in future: by now there's no way to access opacity masks via DOM model.

More info here: Scripts Don't Move Opacity Masks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines