• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVD OR CD?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does anyone know what the difference is of Illustrator CS6 on cd as apposed to it on a DVD?

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version CS6 was 12 years ago. WHat is the reason you are asking about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think at the time it was just a choice of how someone could load it onto their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only ways I think Adobe Illustrator CS6 would have been released on different media types (CD or DVD) is if it was either sold as a stand-alone retail product or if it was packaged as part of a larger Creative Suite package. The Master Collection retail box had the application installers stored on DVD-ROM discs. A Creative Suite box with fewer applications, such as CS6 Design Premium or CS6 Design Standard may have had multiple CD-R discs. An individual retail box of Illustrator CS6 may have had only one or two CD-R discs. That's a step up from an Illustrator installer on floppy discs.

Either way, I don't think there was any difference in terms of extra "goodies" that were included with an Illustrator CS6 installer on CD or DVD. I remember being disappointed by the lack of bonus content (like hardly any fonts) in the CS5.5 Master Collection box. I sure don't have any complaints about lack of fonts when it comes to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want it to work on Windows 10 I have more fonts the one person needs! Bob

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already tried installing it? Or you are considering buying a copy of the software from someone? After doing a quick web search I spotted several forum posts stating CS6 applications work alright in Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bobby, Sooner than hassel trying to install the CS5 version I just thought I would update to CS6.

Thanks for the help, have a great weekend.  Bob @ Glass Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of that OS are you running?

There's a good chance that older CS versions might not work with an up-to-date OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines