• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge Box Showing As Outline/Cut Line

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image with no background.  But when I select it to do anything there is a box around it that says "edge".   If I look at my round image in outline view all I see is a box.  That box becomes a cut line in cutting master.  Kind of a pain when cutting circle stickers.  

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us step by step what you are doing and show a screenshot that contains the Layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the image, and look in the appearance palette. It should say linked file. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 7.45.00 PM.jpg

If it says group, you either have a group or a clipping mask group

Most likely you need to do a 

Do an Object >> Clipping Mask >> Release

Hard to say without a screenshot showing the image select and what appearance says you have

When posting please try to give more information so we can help you.  How do you specify what line cuts on your cutting machine? Is it a certain spot color? Or is it set for any vector path to cut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike.  There is no "release"  option on  OBJECT>CLIPPING MASK.  it just says "make" so I'll guess that's not the issue.

First I am sorry I cannot post screenshots from my work computer as they block forum access.  I am using pics taken with my phone.  Sorry I am cropped in so close but I can't post images of what I am working on (because of who I work for).

first pic of the edge of my image wit the appearance pallette 

4A2C77AF-53BB-48EB-B845-F2C2578AFFA3.jpeg

   now a pic with the image selected

C44900F6-D10E-4D20-8258-0A90EE1CDEDE.jpeg

  now how it shows in VIEW>OUTLINE

63BAD41B-90FA-486F-85A6-53258B4CF8F2.jpeg

you see how that pink like from when I selected the image becomes the outline...

basically I took a PNG of this circular image.  Added registration marks and will print it on adhesive backed paper.  Then feed it into the cutter and use the same file to die cut the stickers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to Shane the square path to an outline of the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a pixel image there.

Draw a circle wioth. the ellipse tool and make it into your cutting path or make a clipping mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that but this pink box called edge becomes a cut line no mater what I do.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read the documentation for your plotter to figure out how you need to format the circle in order to have it used as the cut path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines