Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects Window Unresponsive

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I've been having trouble applying effects in Illustrator. A straightforward example of this is setting a drop shadow on a shape. The effects window comes up, but I cannot change any settings. All I can do is hit ENTER to apply or ESC to close the window. Everything else is unresponsive. 

Thanks,

Laurence 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Wisco Creative,

It sounds like you're experiencing some frustrating issues with the Effects window in Illustrator. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this.

Firstly, let's try resetting the preferences in Illustrator. Sometimes, corrupted preferences can cause unexpected behavior.

After resetting the preferences, relaunch Illustrator and see if the issue persists. If it does, let's gather some additional information:

1. Can you confirm the operating system and Illustrator version you're using?
  2. Did this issue start happening recently, or has it been a recurring problem?
  3. Could you share some details about your system specifications, such as CPU, GPU, and RAM?

Also, it would be helpful if you shared a screen recording demonstrating the issue.

Once we have this information, we'll be better equipped to assist you further.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reset my preferences, but there was no change in the functionality of Illustrator. I've attached a screenshot of my preference folder in case that is of any help. 

16" MacBook Pro 2021
Apple M1 MAX
64 GB Memory
1.75TB available of 2TB

Adobe Illustrator 28.3

Video: https://www.loom.com/share/c436fcb620134535a5817dbafec32afd?sid=49eaf35c-cf30-453e-9fe2-ddf31a2648cc

This video shows me trying to apply a drop shadow. I can't click on any of the buttons but can hover over a preference and scroll up and down on my mouse to change the shadow percentage and alignment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is changing in the video.

That button is a group? Eactly how are you applying the shadow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If i hover over opacity or offset with my mouse and use my scroll wheel I can change the defined value. If I try to click on the buttons or type in a value I'm unable to select it. I can hit ENTER to apply the effect or ESC to close the dialogue. It's quite odd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines