• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Export for screens' mess up the dimension

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting a bunch of icons made in Illustrator and thought the 'Export for screens' option would save the day but unfortunately, I can't make it export it in the right size

I went through the document several times and checked every single artboard. They're all set to a precise size (in this case 166 x 166 pixels) yet when I export them, they suddenly become 167x167 pixels instead.

I've tried to solve this for hours to no avail. I know it's not a big difference; it's entirely because the function is unreliable and I wanted to know if anyone might have solved this problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are your artboards sitting perfectly on the pixel grid? any offset could cause antialiased edges that may account for extra pixels. have a close up look with Pixel Preview turned on to be sure.

here's one artboard on and one artboard off the grid. they're both 50x50 px, but anti-aliasing causes the right hand one to export as 51x51:

offset pixels.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid that wasn't the solution. I tried to align a couple of them with the grid but they still grow 1 px in size regardless of the placement in the grid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you see antialiased edges with pixel preview on? or do they look nice and clean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a stroke around your icons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines