• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export higt quality pdf

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm trying to export a design in pdf but I have problems in resolution. I used the high quality print preset. why is it different? thank you.Cattura.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two images are different, but why do you mention resolution? I cannot see a resolution difference. One is darker, certainly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see how you built the file, but I'm wondering if it could be your Document Raster Effects Settings? Choose Effect > Document Raster Effects Settings and adjust the value to see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the difference you see that your pdf is 'CMYK hi res print settings' and your ai doc is working as RGB ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll need more details.

• What version of Illustrator?
  • What is the Document Color Mode?
  • How is the artwork constructed?
    • Vector?
    • Raster?
    • Transparency?
    • Live effects?
  • You characterize it as "export" to PDF; did you Save As...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the support guys.

The artwork is a vector, it has transparencies and I saved as. I work with illustrator cc and the color mode is CMYK.

the problem occurs when zooming out and the artwork becomes a black outline, which does not happen with illustrator.

sorry for my english.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks ok when you zoom in? Definitely not resolution. Close up, is the artwork made up of many small black marks/dots/lines/patterns?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly. Same problem in print. If I print directly from illustrator there are no problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how did you create that noisy gradient? That's not a vector element.

In which application do you viw the PDF (and print it) - doesn't look like Acrobat.

Can you please show screenshots in a size that allows us to see something.

And also please answer the questions by John Mensinger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The noisy gradient was created with a normal gradient to which an effect was applied from the gallery. everything has been reported in vector. the PDF is opened with adobe acrobat reader.
I thought I answered John Mensinger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

francescop7393192  schrieb

The noisy gradient was created with a normal gradient to which an effect was applied from the gallery.

That is not "a vector".

Those effects are pixel based. So in Illustrator you still have the paths, but everything that makes them look the way they do is pixel based. And when you export this to any other format than AI, you have no vector path at all. There are pixels in your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cattura teschio.JPGI don't know what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even if I selected expand path? is there a way to fix it? Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat seems to render those pixels differently. And depending on the zoom size in Illustrator and whatever resolution settings you did when exporting the PDF it might also look differently.

And no: you can't fix that. It's a raster based effect, so your result is a pixel image. Or rather some mixed result: The linework might be still vector (depending on what exactly you did with it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might “Enhance Thin Lines” being on in Acrobat have something to do with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to deselect the enhance thin lines function, and there were results. the problem remains but it is much better now. thanks Larry G. Schneider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try flatten the pixel objects - set resolution to "other" and 600.
Export to PRESS (pdf default) and change downsample  to 600 for pictures over 650...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have an image made from a pattern of black and white, but the dots are smaller than the pixels on screen or on the printer, it's a big problem. What should we see? Different software have different ways of handling this for example

- black wins

- white wins

- average colour

- random pixel wins

Such designs are great but you have to design for a particular use - best to design for a single printer, or a web graphic. A PDF is almost never a good use of such a special design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines