• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eyedrop colors imported from internet

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a drawing in illustrator and i downloaded an internet drawing. can i eyedrop colors from the internet drawing into my drawing without compromising the pixels?

also, can i import a catalogue photo that i scanned into my desktop and use as placed art into my illustrator drawing?

Thanks.

Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

You can pick up color from anywhere on your screen. First, the object to be recolored must be selected. Then select the Eyedropper Tool. If the color exists in the document on an Illustrator-generated object, just click on it. If the color is in a photo placed in the Illustrator document, shift-click the desired color. If the color is somewhere on the screen outside of the Illustrator document, click and hold within the Illustrator document. With the mouse button still depressed, drag the curso

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can pick up color from anywhere on your screen. First, the object to be recolored must be selected. Then select the Eyedropper Tool. If the color exists in the document on an Illustrator-generated object, just click on it. If the color is in a photo placed in the Illustrator document, shift-click the desired color. If the color is somewhere on the screen outside of the Illustrator document, click and hold within the Illustrator document. With the mouse button still depressed, drag the cursor to wherever on the screen the desired color may be, then release.

I have no idea what “compromising the pixels” means.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

My wife thinks that anything I download from the internet is in RGB form and the drawing I made is CMYK. Consequently the colors will not be an accurate color when eyedroping. Is that true? Thanks.

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes there will be some change but you can get cmyk color code values also for same color not a big issue.

Thanks.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Except that a lot of the RGB gamut doesn't exist in CMYK, and, depending on calibration, what you see may not be what you get. If color accuracy is important, plucking it from the Internet or a photo is not the best way to go about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines