• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faint Black Lines Showing Up on Pattern

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a rack card and I made a hexagonal pattern to have in the background. When saved as a PDF black intersecting lines appear throughout. Is there a way to remove them? I don't want that to show up when it is printed. Everything was created in Adobe Illustrator. I attached pictures to show:

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely those are just antialiasing artefacts on your monitor.

You can test: turn off anti-aliasing in the Preferences > General.

What to do depends on how exactly this will be produced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried printing to see if this is really a problem?

To me, it looks like your pattern is not meeting perfectly when repeating.

Try the following:

1. Make a version of your Pattern with just the white hexagons (no gray background).
  2. Then fill your background object with just a gray Fill.
  3. In the Appearance panel, with the Fill listing selected, add a second Fill (click the new icon).
  4. Change this new Fill to your white hexagon pattern.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to show up when printing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New problem! I have a black box at the bottom and I am putting logos on it. The logos have no backgrounds (they were removed in photoshop), but when I print there is a darker black box around the logos. I don't know if this is just my printer? I want to be sure, as I have to pay to get a bunch printed and laminated. There are also odd white lines throughout the shield and background on the other page (again not sure if this is just my printer). Pictures below:

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing all those steps for printing, but I cannot change the mode. I was able to fix the problem with the darker black boxes by putting the logos on a different way. However, I still am having the problem with the white lines on the shield. Is it my printer that isn't good enough? Or is it always going to print that way no matter the quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might try to expand the pattern and then combine all those elements.

How exactly this needs to be done depends on how exactly you built them in the pattern in the first place.

Some printers just don't handle patterns too well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines