• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free transform perspective tool missing ?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Illustrator 25.2.3. This tool is missing. I can't find it anywhere, even when I go to rebuild my toolbar and click advanced - there's no option for this tool. Seems to have disappeared completely.  (Yes, I already looked under the free transform tool.) This update is super buggy on Mac Big Sur 11.2.3. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 3.58.31 PM.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Don't know if you managed to solve this but I've spent around 40 minutes trying to get to the bottom of it, only to discover that people are right when they say when you click on the object then the Free Transform tool, a little popup toolbar should appear (as long as you've selected the Advance toolbar).

However, after following these instructions and tearing what is left of my hair out, I discovered that it was hiding behind my main toolbar, which is why I couldn't see it and why it looked like

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot shows the additional touch toolbar of the free transform tool. It will be visible as soon as you select and object and choose the free transform tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestion given by Monika, you may try resetting the preferences of the app & see how it goes.

Please follow this help article to do so. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

截图_20220719173011.png

截图_20220719173059.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if you managed to solve this but I've spent around 40 minutes trying to get to the bottom of it, only to discover that people are right when they say when you click on the object then the Free Transform tool, a little popup toolbar should appear (as long as you've selected the Advance toolbar).

However, after following these instructions and tearing what is left of my hair out, I discovered that it was hiding behind my main toolbar, which is why I couldn't see it and why it looked like Illustrator wasn't doing anything.

Hopefully this reply will help anyone else searching for it and having the same headache that I've just had for 40 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comment just saved me the 40 minute headache you suffered. My perspective transform tools were also hiding behind the main toolbar. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh com on... What instructions shuold I follow exactly? I can't find any solution - no perspective distort in my Illustrator yet... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh com on... What instructions shuold I follow exactly? I can't find any solution - no perspective distort in my Illustrator yet... 😞

By @mátét28046943

Please tell us step by step what you have done and what you now expect to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the three dots at the bottom of your tool bar, scroll to modify - is it in there as white or as grey? If white, drag it to your tool bar, if grey, it's already in there, and if you can't see it you have it in some sub menu of another tool set, you'll just have to open each one till you find it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I reset my workspace (upper right corner of the main Illustrator window)
  2. showed the advanced tool bar (again),
  3. clicked on the free transform tool,
  4. moved the main toolbar around to look under it (as nicklawmusic suggested).
  5. The flyout menu was there. Goofy deal. It had been missing for ages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million! 

You solved a long-standing mystery for me and saved me untold hours. I did have to poke around and move menus but there it was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nicklaw, 

I just spent about a good 50 minutes looking for these tools and googling in all directions.

They were actually behind the main tool bar, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. You've saved me tons of time. I thought my illustrator was broken lol. Found it hiding behind my toolbar of course

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting us know.  I NEVER would have looked there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!  I've spent DAYS wondering how to get that tool up, and just like you said, looked behind my tools, and sure enough.  There it was.

Thanks! Sometimes these forums save the day. This was a great example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this suggestion.  It was hiding behind my toolbar as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was going insane!! and mine also was behind the main toolbar - ugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking of hiding -- how come in the new version of Illustrator, when you open a file, it hides behind other previously opened files. If you have other files opened and they're minimized, they go out of their way to maximize just so they can hide whatever you've opened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Jay359493204cd8,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing more details, like the OS/Illustrator version, details about your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem, so we can better assist you?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue of not being able to find the Perspective Distort tool. I moved all menus, reset preferences. I've selected advanced within the toolbars, clicked the three dots to see if its hidden there, does not even show up. I've even gone back to previous versions of Illustrator only to have no success. I don't know what to do anymore. It's like it doesn't even exist within my versions of Illustrator....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue of not being able to find the Perspective Distort tool. I moved all menus, reset preferences. I've selected advanced within the toolbars, clicked the three dots to see if its hidden there, does not even show up. I've even gone back to previous versions of Illustrator only to have no success. I don't know what to do anymore. It's like it doesn't even exist within my versions of Illustrator....

By @SBRudy

Window > Toolbars > Advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated in my original message I have tried finding in the toolbars menu. It still does not show up for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go into the main menu and open the "Window" menu and then take a screenshot of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshots attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have the free transform tool.

And what's missing? The little options bar? It's often hidden below the actual toolbar. So when you move the toolbar to the side, you might find it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines