Free transform perspective tool missing ?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Illustrator 25.2.3. This tool is missing. I can't find it anywhere, even when I go to rebuild my toolbar and click advanced - there's no option for this tool. Seems to have disappeared completely.  (Yes, I already looked under the free transform tool.) This update is super buggy on Mac Big Sur 11.2.3. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 3.58.31 PM.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot shows the additional touch toolbar of the free transform tool. It will be visible as soon as you select and object and choose the free transform tool.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestion given by Monika, you may try resetting the preferences of the app & see how it goes.

Please follow this help article to do so. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if you managed to solve this but I've spent around 40 minutes trying to get to the bottom of it, only to discover that people are right when they say when you click on the object then the Free Transform tool, a little popup toolbar should appear (as long as you've selected the Advance toolbar).

However, after following these instructions and tearing what is left of my hair out, I discovered that it was hiding behind my main toolbar, which is why I couldn't see it and why it looked like Illustrator wasn't doing anything.

Hopefully this reply will help anyone else searching for it and having the same headache that I've just had for 40 minutes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your comment just saved me the 40 minute headache you suffered. My perspective transform tools were also hiding behind the main toolbar. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines