• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free transform perspective tool missing ?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Illustrator 25.2.3. This tool is missing. I can't find it anywhere, even when I go to rebuild my toolbar and click advanced - there's no option for this tool. Seems to have disappeared completely.  (Yes, I already looked under the free transform tool.) This update is super buggy on Mac Big Sur 11.2.3. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 3.58.31 PM.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Don't know if you managed to solve this but I've spent around 40 minutes trying to get to the bottom of it, only to discover that people are right when they say when you click on the object then the Free Transform tool, a little popup toolbar should appear (as long as you've selected the Advance toolbar).

However, after following these instructions and tearing what is left of my hair out, I discovered that it was hiding behind my main toolbar, which is why I couldn't see it and why it looked like

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have the free transform tool.

And what's missing? The little options bar? It's often hidden below the actual toolbar. So when you move the toolbar to the side, you might find it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have searched under the toolbar and its not there. I am trying to find the other options to the Free Transform tool, because what I have currently only skews. It doesn't allow me to do anything else to an object. I have attached what I'm trying to find (from a picture on the internet). Is it a matter of what version of Illustrator I am running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are using a somewhat current version of Illustrator and not version CS4 or the like?

As I said: that little options bar is probably hidden below your toolbar. So what you need to do: select the free transform tool. Then take the toolbar and move it around and then you should find the little free transform options bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will concur. Using the bleeding edge most recent version of Illustrator, and there is no Perspective Distort tool to be found. Preferences reset. Workspace default. Advanced Toolbar. Tore away the Free transform toolbar tool into a floating menu. NOWHERE. It boggles my mind that whenever someone posts a problem, the automatic assumption is that the user is doing something wrong. I took a couple years off from the Adobe suite, only to find Illustrator to be almost unusably buggy, and this just adds to the pile of complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move your toolbar to the side and you will probably find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help: I clicked on the Free Transform button (nothing happened).  Looked behind the Toolbar only to find...nothing.  Then I created a random shape, selected it, and clicked on the Free Transform button...and peeking from behind the Toolbar was the options panel.  So it appears you have to have something selected before the options will pop up.  Maybe that is common knowledge, but it wasn't self-evident to me.  I know how frustrating it can be, so hopefully this will help someone.  

GS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! I finally figured it out once I had something selected! I thought I was going crazy trying all the other suggestions and nothing working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines