Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting SDK started in Mac

Valorous Hero ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to learn how to make a plugin.

I am trying to follow this guide on Mac El Capitan.

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/illustrator/sdk/CC/getting-started-guide.pdf

I think I finally got all the settings right when creating my HelloWorld project, but the Build always fails thus far due to the following error:

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 3.50.16 PM.png

Something is going on with the SPPlugs.h and I do not know where to go next.

Any suggestions?

Thank you all.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to say from just that. The first thing that usually trips people up is the build settings. They're not always set right in the example projects.

Check your header search paths, target environment, compiler, language settings, etc.

It looks like you're using an old version of the SDK. Make sure you're using the right version for whatever Illustrator you have. As well as the correct version of Xcode. Some older SDKs need a few tweaks to work with newer versions of Xcode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was using the latest version, it was CC 2015.3 from here: | Adobe Developer Connection

AI_CC_2015_3_SDK_Mac_3.dmg was the file.

I'll look through the Xcode build settings some more - I had to tweak a lot of them according to the pdf to get it this far, but maybe I missed a few things or something. My Xcode is 7.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the problem is MAC_ENV is not defined. Add it to the build settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not saying you're wrong, but I've never had to define MAC_ENV in build settings to get the samples to compile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think his problem is caused by MAC_ENV not being defined, but you are right in that you normally don't need to define this. This is because you normally include "IllustratorSDK.h" first and this includes "SPConfig.h" first which defines MAC_ENV for you. So I think he must have added a header ("SPPlugs.h"?) before "IllustratorSDK.h".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, can someone please show me the steps to 'add MAC_ENV to the Build Settings' ?

I see the Build Settings section and it has dozens of sub-sections, each with a set of their own various line-items.

Faced with this intimidating gridwork of dropdowns & things, I do not know how to proceed.

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 12.56.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, OSX10.11 dosn't support PowerPC Arcitecture and all Macintosh (that supports OSX10.11) have 64bit environment. So you should to set "X86_64" in Valid Arcitectures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three ways you can fix your problem.

1. Best solution. Make sure that "IllustratorSDK.h" is the first header included in your source files.

2. Add it as a preprocessing macro:

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 17.38.00.png

3. Add it as a compiler flag:

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 17.40.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Leo and Ten A, I will attempt to make sense of this after I get some imminent work accomplished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines