• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Noto Color Emoji Font in Ai

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Noto Color Emoji SVG font doesn't appear in Ai font list! I have no problem with Ps (SS below), but there is no NCE font name in Ai font list. I have downloaded the font (the latest version) from GFont and Git. Any help? 

ss.png

Google NCE font in Ps! 

I have another question. Is there a way to use Microsoft's new fluent emojis in Ps and Ai? Microsoft has released them on Git, but they are all in SVG, PNG and Fig formats. We can use them (Microsft Fluent Emoji) in Office apps, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Teams.

ss2.png

Microsoft Fluent Emoji in Office Word 2023

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Ton, the issue has been reported at UV: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/46239766

You can add your vote here.

I confirm the freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft has a method to install fonts directly in Office, but they aren't available to other apps.

Illustrator can use what's installed in your system. It needs to be installed "For all users".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention! Photoshop 2023 (latest) has removed the "EmojiOne" and replaced that with "Noto Color Emoji" (no need to install NCE font manually). I got the font from GFont (Noto Color Emoji Regular v2.038) and did install it (for "All Users" as admin). It brings the font name in the Ai font list, but Ai crashes!! I did reset the Win 11 font cache (stop the font service, remove the cache and reboot), but Ps and Ai crash (whenever I select NCE font). I removed the font manually (NCE font) and reinstalled Ps 2023, it is OK in Ps, but the NCE font (Photoshop native installed version) doesn't appear in Ai! I always install the NEC font manually and never had a problem in Ai/Ps (till the latest update when Adobe decided to implement the NEC font natively in Ps)! After reinstalling the PS, I searched the entire C drive to find the NCE font path (which Ps has installed natively). I didn't find that. Where Ps install the font and how it bring it into the app? Why Ai can't recognize the NEC font which installed by Ps?!!

ss1.png

There is no NCE font name there (Ai font list)!

About MS Fluent Emoji, thanks for the info. I was not aware of that! I searched for the fonts name in Fonts Settings and found the font there! Why Ps can't recognize it as a font (SVG font)?! It would be great to bring the font directly into the Ps font list (use it as a font instead of importing the emoji SVG file).

ss2.png

Microsoft Fluent Emoji Font (Windows 11>Font Settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to mention this on Uservoice

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

I installed (on Mac) the Google Emoji font, but Illustrator hang when I selected it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton, the issue has been reported at UV: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/46239766

You can add your vote here.

I confirm the freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done (although I do not use emojis a lot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has not been resolved yet:

ss.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines