• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Halftone pattern on select areas only

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, thanks to those for attempting to answer this mystery for me, I greatly appreciate it.

The technique I'm trying to figure out is how to do what appears to be a circular halftone pattern on select areas of a dot grid.

From the image below, you can see that it is a grid of dots, but certain areas have larger dots compared to the others.

The technique that got me the closest so far is to have a gradient mesh and color halftone, but the dots still end up too close to each other or too 'blotchy'.

If anybody has advice I'm all ears, please and thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 12.28.15 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess if you made a gradient,  not too dark,  just light and mediun grays,  so the resulting dots would  would be more spaced out after

running the  Colur Haltone effect

Then Object > Rasterize , and Image Trace  the result with ignore white- under advanced - selected

Best way is plug-in by Astute Graphics  called Phantasm,  using it's half tone tool, it's not so cheap

But the result is  vector ,

or

2019-03-30_21-30-02.png

Online you can use Rasterbator ( free/donation)

https://rasterbator.net/

For example

A4 size, one sheet, and to get space around each  circle  set  Raster sixe, to something like 0-72 , as above

Then save as a vector PDF

Open that  in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option:

Illustrator file (pattern fill) was imported into Photoshop,

and a combination of blending modes, and gradient masks applied
to layers to create this effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a previous discussion on creating a halftone pattern that might help How to create this? Probably need to use halftone pattern

TL;DR Probably use Astute Graphics Phantasm plugin or Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines