• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with a celtic knot!

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! First time poster.  I'm still quite new to Illustrator, but I need some urgent help.  I'm doing a celtic knot for my design job, and I need to outline the individual shapes - basically, I need to get the transparent breaks in between (i.e., like any old, traditional celtic knot design).  I've tried tracing with the curvature tool, nothing works that looks decent.  I've tried copying, pasting, inverting path and fill, it's interesting, but the way I've built it, it's completely wrong.  I basically built one half, and copied and mirrored it.   I've searched and searched, and I have NO idea how to do this, and I need to get it done relatively quickly. 

Thanks for your time in advance!The knot I need help with - I just need the white or transparent breaks in the lines!The knot I need help with - I just need the white or transparent breaks in the lines!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend using the Shape Builder tool from the Toolbox tools.

To see the accuracy of this process, the background should be TRANSPARENT.

Activate View menu / Show Transprancy Grid.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With celtic knots I always prefer the live paint bucket (as described in the link posted by Mike), because you can edit it. And with seltic knots most probably you will need to edit it, because they are so intricate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

knot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines