• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEX Values Keeps Changing In Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I thought maybe I could figure this issues out own my own. Am currently helping a company rebrand themselves. We just received the approved color palettes to use to start swapping out colors. Now my issue here is that I keep entering the HEX values and noticed it swapped back, of course this was brought to my attention by my boss ( who probably thinks am not using the right Hex). So I was told to enter the values separately. So when I reopened the file I thought maybe I had entered the wrong Hex. But now I enter it the probably values in RGB and CMYK in the color picker, and the hex goes into the correct one. But once I reopen the picker, it swaps it back again. I am using the latest version and even tried to look into any videos that may help. But haven't found a corrected answer. I know it maybe has to do with the color settings. So the color am trying to use is #FFD400 and it keeps switching it to #FED402. Someone please help am about to pop a blood vessel..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

HEX is an RGB color definition.

If you enter this in a CMYK document, the color will be converted using color management.

Make CMYK or spot color definitions for your print documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

"I am facing the same issue."

Are you working in an RGB document?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed screenshots in your posts and please describe step by step what you are doing and what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! I've had this exact thing happen to me a few years back. No matter which color profile I was in, it never kept the color code I wanted it to.

The only way I was able to get the values to not change was by inputting the CMYK percentages. Not sure why, but this worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines