• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I can make somthing like this and what is called ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access_Pattern_Element_09.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018
  1. As Ton suggested, I would start with a Blend between two dashed lines (the second line is a duplicate of the first).
  2. With the Blend selected, go to Object > Flatten Transparency and make sure "Convert All Strokes to Outlines" is checked and click OK. This will make the Dashed Strokes into Filled Rectangles (and will will solve the "slanted dash" problem).
  3. Then take a look a how to use Perspective Grid. Here's a video: http://www.jeffwitchel.net/2014/05/now-perspective-grid-is-amazing/

See screensho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi this can be easily done using line tool and in stroke section choose dash line option let me know if you not understand understand..thanks

sp.jpg

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks , I know how to make the line , but I dont know how to make the sheap with lines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would make them with Blends and use one blend as a mask.

Use Black lines for the mask (I used red which give a semi transparent result).

Masked blends.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can make it easily using pen tool

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, but the edge of the dashes needs to be vertical to match ghadah's example, so it's  not so straightforward either.

With a dashed line:

2018-09-08_11-46-42.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the dashes have to line up vertically...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option would be to use a gradient. The technique is described at Photoshop/Illustrator: Angled Dashed Line (example included) - Graphic Design Stack Exchange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. As Ton suggested, I would start with a Blend between two dashed lines (the second line is a duplicate of the first).
  2. With the Blend selected, go to Object > Flatten Transparency and make sure "Convert All Strokes to Outlines" is checked and click OK. This will make the Dashed Strokes into Filled Rectangles (and will will solve the "slanted dash" problem).
  3. Then take a look a how to use Perspective Grid. Here's a video: http://www.jeffwitchel.net/2014/05/now-perspective-grid-is-amazing/

See screenshot below for results.

Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 1.31.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines