• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I crop an artboard in Illustrator?

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2015 Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A project I am working on seems to have added a sliver of "whitespace" on the right side of the artboard. In photoshop I would just use the crop tool, however, I can't find one in Illustrator.

Any suggestions?@

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the artboard tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cwalker,

As I (mis)understand it, you may try Ctrl/Cmd+A and see whether there is something invisible out there (such as stray points), and get rid of it (you may see what it is in the Layers palette (or elsewhere) if you select it separately).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMD+Option+p(MAC)   CTRL+ALT+P(PC)

Then click "Edit artboards"

you can re-size individual artboards or choose exact size or other optinos in the menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with cwalker, I would look for stray objects first, but a sliver of white doesn't make me think its a stray object or points.  cropping the document would not really be a fix unless you didn't care about the size of the doc. I imagine you are pulling an image in and it doesn't fit the doc and you want the artboard to match the image maybe? in any case, edit your artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would first zoom (max 64000%) in to the effected area and see if it still appears to be there, there may be a preview issue, if so toggle Ctrl+E (GPU) and see if that has an effect

Secondly check your x and y's and do a test with a solid object and max it out over the artwork and see if you are still having the same. Also check to see if align to pixel grid is on which may shift it out of place great article here Re: What is happening with these pathfinder bugs?.

Lastly, if it is indeed an image you are importing then just make it larger than the background and then mask it to size within Illy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines