i just updates my illustrator to the latest 2015cc, and got the liveshapes feature, but it's driving me crazy and i want to disable it, how do i do that?
That seems to work fine.
And if you want you can always convert a shape to a Live Shape.
I would save a copy of the original preferences as well as the modified one, so you can always swap the prefs.
A thousand thank yous to you, sir. Although the string to look for is "createLiveShapes" (with a lowercase 'c'), in case you're like me and tried searching for it with case sensitivity accidentally turned on.
You is da man.
RE: FORTUNATELY YOU CAN!!!! ****FOUND A FIX!!!!****
-- Updated with corrected search term & ai version --
Repeated For Windows Users
1. Quit Illustrator CC
2. navigate to: Local Disk C > Users > YourUserFolder > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator 20 Settings (or latest version installed) > en_US > x64
3. Open the file: "Adobe Illustrator Prefs" with Notepad
4. Do a "CTRL F" and type in "createLiveShapes" (No quotes) - you might need to "find next" until you find it.
5. Look for the line of code that reads "createLiveShapes 1"
6. Change the value of this code from "1" to "0"
7. Save the file and close
Thanks again anwarmCHKE!!!