• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i stop the adobe illustrator line i am drawing randomly filling? the 'fill new brush stokes' button isoff

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fill.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Appearance screen capture?

I realize you know AI. I do too, but sometimes we do things we don't mean to. This screen capture shows two strokes; one has Brush stroke applied the other does not. I am guessing your strokes have a "Brush" applied, unintentionally.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.24.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a fill, but the brush not working too well.

Do you really need a calligraphic brush for this or will a simple rounded stroke do as well?

In case you really need a calligaphic brush, apply the zigzag effect to you paths with a Size of 0. Then adjust the Ridges per segment as needed, which might be a rather high value like 50 or even 100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

Its not a calligraphic brush its a rounded stroke and thats why it is frustrating. we both know illustrator very well and can see no reason for this. We have found in another formum that it could be we are drawing too small, so we have changed our image size to A2 from A4 and seems ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a typical issue of calligraphic brushes. Please select one of those and show a screenshot of the appearance panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is not a calligraphic brush, i have been using illustrator for 20 years and know the difference. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the brush?

What do you see if you double click the brush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The confusion may be that your question referred to Brush preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sorry, its very frustrating. I am creating a video scribe video and need a smooth single weight line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appearance screen capture?

I realize you know AI. I do too, but sometimes we do things we don't mean to. This screen capture shows two strokes; one has Brush stroke applied the other does not. I am guessing your strokes have a "Brush" applied, unintentionally.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.24.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry been out at a meeting - you are right, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please just show the appearance panel with a selected object? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frano63271451  schrieb

it is not a calligraphic brush, i have been using illustrator for 20 years and know the difference. thank you

Obviously you are using the brush tool to draw your lines, because it's the only tool that has a setting of 'fill new brush stokes'.

The brush tool always applies a brush to your stroke. It won't even work without a brush. So unless you delete the brush from the stroke, you definitely have a brush applied. Most certainly it's a calligraphic brush, because it's the default and it doesn't look like you changed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry been out at a meeting - you are right, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frano,

What tool was used to create the strokes? Can you share a screenshot of your Appearance Panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines