Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you change the default font in Illustrator CS5? [Locked]

Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded my Illustrator to CS5 and my default font has changed to a strange font. In Photoshop and InDesign, I was told that all you have to do is change the font in the Character menu to the font that you wish to be set as "default" and it will be the font that you always start with.

NOTE: Does this mean that if I use a different font in a different document, the font will stay that font unless I change it back? Isn't there a way to make a particular font the font that I would always what I start with? All this setup means, is that the "default font" will always be whatever the last font that  was being used was. There has to be a way to make a default font that I will always start with no matter what the last font that was being used was.

Illustrator gives you no option on font type, unless a file is open. Then, if you change the font and close the file, next time you start a file, it will go back to what is was to begin with. There has to be a way to change the default font for all of these programs to where the font always stays the same unless you change it. Mine is just set to use a weird font that I would probably never use.

I just never thought it would be that big of a deal to change default settings for the font.

[This was posted on Jul 15, 2010 12:56 PM for CS5. This thread is now locked.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

I'd forgotten there were two folders too. Glad we got it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a clever expedient. Based on my experience it should be added that after doing all of that the file might not be saveable due to lack of user privileges. It that's the case go to the file info panel (cmd + I) and change your privileges from 'read only' to 'read & write'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines