• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the appearance of Properties panel on the right side (get rid of annoying icons)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to get rid of the "Text to Vector Graphic" box on the Properties panel. I don't want to see the little clipart pictures that show me how great this new feature is. I know that I can close the arrow next to it, but I would really like to stop seeing it every time I open Illustrator. I am currently taking a Foundations in Illustrator course, so I would like to be able to do this without setting up a totally different workspace than the instructor is using, so that I can follow along. It would just be so much easier to have the "Appearance" and "Brush" regions of the Properties panel right under "Transform" without the incredibly distracting little images of skulls and bikes and tornadoes or whatever greeting me every time I open the app. I don't want to use them, and I don't want to try their Beta feature. I just want to learn Illustrator from scratch without all the suggestions in my face.

TOPICS
Feature request , How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

You cannot change it. You can only ignore it.

If the instructor does not have that feature, they are using an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot change it. You can only ignore it.

If the instructor does not have that feature, they are using an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you--even though I wish I could change it and I'm bummed that I can't, I thank you for your answer. The instructor is using an Illustrator version from at least two years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a little arrow to the left of the "Text to Vector". If you click on it, it will be reduced.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 23.33.07.pngScreenshot 2024-06-25 at 23.33.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines