• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a new 'saved' document preset in Illustrator CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new document in Illustrator, the 'New Document' panel pops up. There is a tab at the top called 'Saved'. I'd like to be able to create a preset and save it so that it appears under this tab. In Photoshop, a 'Save Preset' button appears in the 'Preset Details' panel next to the document title, but this does not appear in Illustrator.

How do I get a preset to appear under the 'Saved' tab? I've tried creating a blank document and then clicking 'Save As Template', but it does not then appear in the 'Saved' tab when I create a new document.

There MUST be an easy way to do this that I'm missing...I've searched Google but no dice.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 12.48.44.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Sorry forgot mention apple hides that folder. The folder you chose is not inside your username >> Library

Finder >> Go >> (hold down option) >> Library

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you. Do you, however, also know if it is possible to get my previously set-up documents that I regularly need in that form, to pop op as an option when I open Illustrator? Like 'create new document' and that my 'saved' ones pop up? There is a 'tab' there, with 'Saved', but it stays empty, as I do not have the option to Save a preset (like I can in Photoshop, for example) Hope to hear from you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that's what this topic is mainly about -- the relative uselessness of that 'Saved' tab. If you make a document profile of your own, it'll appear under the tab it was based on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know what maeks the difference between the "Mobile" tab and the "Web" tab? I want my presets to pop up in the right place (if not in the saved tab) but I'm not sure what characteristics determine the tab it's saved in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are assigned to the tab you have used to set them up. So when you start off with a web document, then yours will also be web.

This is metadata and I think it can also be changed, but is not obvious how to or might even be a hack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines