• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to erase an outline font keeping straight lines?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working in illustrator on a logo of 2 intertwined letters using a cursive font and there are few parts that I want to remove. I tried the earser tool, the parts were erased but the letter now have crooked borders. Can anyone help please? Attached is a photo with arrows pointings to the lines that i want to remove.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably need to release the compound path.

You can then use the scissors tool, cut those paths open and then reconnect them in the way you like using the pen tool or Object > Path > Join

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also use the Eraser tool to erase the part you want to remove without releasing the compound path. Using the Eraser may leave unwanted anchor points that you can remove using the Delete Anchor Point tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines