• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get White fill and black line as the default

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a new file the fill and stroke are not defaulting to black and white.  It is set in the appearance panel set to red and blue.  I am working in 28.3 on my Mac desktop.  Screen shot attached.  How do I fix this?  Please and thank you =

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you click on the default graphic style, then this stays like so?

You can redefine the graphic style by creating a line or shape with black stroke and white fill and then drag that over the default graphic style while pressing the Alt key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open a new file and the defaults are red for the fill and blue for the outline.  I change them to black and white respectively, but if iuse the shortcut key for default, I am back to red and blue.  

FYI The ALT key did not work in the graphic style either.  Sorry that I did not mention that before.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue is apparently one of the numerous inexplicable weird issues caused by Mac OS Sonoma.

So far it's the weirdest one in my opinion, but Mac OS keeps surprising us with a new one every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does pressing D help?

If not, your may be opening file based on a template or a modified New Document Preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started when I updated to 28.3.  Just in case, how do I fix this if I used a template with this default?  It is possible I am taking a course online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been mentioned by others before. Just saw a reaction from Adobe's Anubhav Majumder

See here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/default-fill-amp-stroke/m-p/14493869#M401333

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of you have an option in Preferences > General > Enable Rich UI"

Can you uncheck that option and see if it helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines