• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to repeat object in Illustrator

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drew the lines in the B manually but is there a quicker way I can get the lines in the letter without having to draw them manually? The swatch has pattern lines but not like in the photo below.

IMG_0538.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using a line pattern fill? Look in Pattern swatch library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but none of the patterns are like the lines I drew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not like them because they are too uniform, too thick, or not slanted? It's not clear to me what you're looking for.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a quicker way to repeat the lines that I drew under the letter B. The pattern that's in the swatch I don't like those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What don't you like about them? Would this be solved by making your own pattern swatch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking to make the lines appear hand-drawn, you could make a path, Alt + drag to copy and move it the distance you want, and Ctrl +D to duplicate the path. Then use brushes to apply the hand-drawn look to those strokes. You can add brushes by going to the Brushes panel flyout menu (the upper right hamburger menu), and in the context menu, select Open Brushes Library > Artistic and try some of the ones in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try to create a bunch of lines and apply an effect like Roughen to make them random.

Random lines.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines