• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reverse colors on a two color logo

Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple one-color logo (red) on a white background.

I'd like to reverse it so that my background is red and the logo is white.

how can I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

You will first need to make a white background box if you don't have one behind the logo. Best to know what color mode you are working in and why. I will assume for the time being you are working in RGB. Make sure you have all your color swatches, Red, White in a color group. Now make a third color, because if you just try to trade out red for white the logo just disappears. I used blue as a third "dummy" color. You can even call it dummy. Select all objects, Logo and White background square. Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your logo an image or is it vector?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's vector. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will first need to make a white background box if you don't have one behind the logo. Best to know what color mode you are working in and why. I will assume for the time being you are working in RGB. Make sure you have all your color swatches, Red, White in a color group. Now make a third color, because if you just try to trade out red for white the logo just disappears. I used blue as a third "dummy" color. You can even call it dummy. Select all objects, Logo and White background square. Go to Menu>Edit>Edit Colors>Recolor Artwork. The dialog presented when you have the Assign is selected shows Current Color and New Color columns. The Red block in the New Color column can be double clicked to allow you to select a new color to replace, use the dummy blue color and replace the Red. Double click the New Color column to the right of the Current Color White. You will be asked if you want to add a new color to your current harmony. Say yes. In the color picker you are presented choose the Red swatch in the Swatches.

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 7.28.45 PM.png

Click OK and you should have a blue logo on a red background. Now go back to the Recolor Artwork dialog and double click on the Dummy blue New Color column and change the Dummy blue to White.

Edit Color>Recolor Artwork is a powerful tool with many uses and you would do well to read what Illustrator documentation says on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the colors to Global swatches and they are easy to change.

Select both the red logo and the white background

At the bottom of the Swatches Panel, click the "New Color Group" icon.

Check the “Convert Process to Global” checkbox.

Deselect your logo, double click the swatches and change the colors and Swatch Names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines