• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save my documents for use on the web?

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to Illustrator and I made some surface pattern designs that I wanted to share on the web. How do I go about saving these designs so anyone that comes across them can use and edit them in illustrator or other design programs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to make the patterns editable, they need to be in .ai format and / or .eps.

Look at some of the vector images in Adobe Stock. Here is a screen shot of one, and you can see it is available in both .ai and .eps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I am not sure if you will be able to answer this since the question deals with things outside of Illustrator but after I save it as ai or eps file how would I go about importing it onto the web where people can download the file and edit it themselves. I am trying to put it in a wordpress blog post but am not sure how to go about doing that. If I just drag and drop it but the file does not load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Search in wordpress plugins for a "file" download manager, to share with your visitors.

Search Google for : wordpress, best download manager

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The web will display images in jpeg, png, and gif, so you will also want to put it into a format that they can see it before downloading.

(I don't use WordPress—only HTML and Dreamweaver—but the other answers sound good!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are several different approaches. An easy one is to it on to your Creative Cloud or DropBox then share the link. People can then use the link to download the actual file.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines