• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019/2020 Menu Flyouts stuck in left corner of the screen on Windows 10 machine

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a work stopage issue for me. I am on Windows Enterprise 10 Build 17763. I was running Adobe Illustrator Version 23.0.3 for compatibility of our custom upload apps.

For the past two days when I open Illustrator right before the splash screen loads the font filter menu appears stuck at the uppper left of my screen, When I open a file and access the flyout menus for the pen tool and shape tool among others, the menus instead of appearing next to the appropriate tool, appear at the top left of the screen.

I've tried resetting Illustrator and deleting the Illustrator prefs file. Nothing worked so today I decided to uninstall and reinstall Illustrator and Photoshop (for other reasons). Now the Adobe CC app gives me no option to install those two previous versions even when I look at the "Other versions" list.

Contacting Adobe support did not help since they sent me download links to the wrong versions too.

I ended up installing the latest version (Illustrator v24.0)

It still has the issue with the menus in the wrong place and stuck there until I click off screen. I can't do any work until I get this fixed.

Any ideas would be greatly apprciated.

Type tool non-functionalType tool non-functionalType menu in flyout modeType menu in flyout modeThis pops up even before the splash screen during loadingThis pops up even before the splash screen during loadingMenu flyouts in wrong locationMenu flyouts in wrong locationThese menus are stuck behind Illustrator when maximizedThese menus are stuck behind Illustrator when maximized

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. Other options would be it update your graphics drivers, change/uninstall/reinstall Illustrator versions or try resetting Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have same problem with my illustrator.
just some registry edit and it's works for me, hope it can help you too

1. Input registry editor in the Start menu search bar and select Run as administrator.
  2. Head to Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System.
  3. On the right side of the window, open EnableLUA.
  4. Set Base to Hexadecimal.
  5. Set Value data to 1 and click OK.
  6. Restart your computer and check your adobe illustrator

if the value data is 1 already, just try to set it to click OK, and try change it again to 1

hope this might help, pardon my bad english

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have same problem with my illustrator.
i just tried some registry edit and it's works for me, hope it can help you too

1. Input registry editor in the Start menu search bar and select Run as administrator.
  2. Head to Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System.
  3. On the right side of the window, open EnableLUA.
  4. Set Base to Hexadecimal.
  5. Set Value data to 1 and click OK.
  6. Restart your computer and check your adobe illustrator

if the value data is 1 already, just try to set it to click OK, and try change it again to 1

hope this might help, pardon my bad english

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant seem to find the "CurrentVersion > Policies > System" step. There's none of the option for me. Do you have any alternatives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, can u please attach the screenhot of the menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines