• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 Document / Artboard Scale Issues [bug?]

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Illustrator 2019 and any new documents created are displaying the artboards larger than they actually are, unless I turn on pixel preview. For example, when I create a new web document at 1920 x 1080, zooming in at 100% makes the artboard much larger than my resolution of 2560 x 1440. It's instead 150% larger than it's supposed to be. When I turn on pixel preview, the document appears how it should be. I've tested this on two separate machines and the same thing happens. Is this a feature or a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

Please refer to release notes and get the preference that you will have to change to turn off the new Actual print size feature introduced with version 23.0

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manage

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 100% is based on your computer's screen resolution. The Pixel Preview is now based on web screen resolution which is 72 ppi. (Before it would just align it to the pixel.)

CC 2018 is based on a screen size of 1024x640. If you screen is that resolution then if you measured it with a ruler it would be the correct size in both pixel preview and without at 100%.

CC 2019 is based on screen size of 1680x1050.  If your screen resolution is set up at 1680x1050 then should look correctly without pixel preview. Pixel Preview is using the pixels of the smaller resolution of 72 ppi so your rectangle should actually be smaller then the real size.

In my case my default screen resolution is 2880x1800 (220 ppi) which makes the image too big in size without pixel preview turned on and too small when it is on. I recommend just keeping pixel preview on if you are trying to see it as screen resolution and make it 1024x640. Then your pixel preview will be the actual physical size. In computer's your size it really based on how many pixels you have in an inch.

Hope that helps

Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to change this behavior? Though it makes designing for print accurate, it makes it difficult to design anything meant to be digital especially when using different applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of but I think if you keep it on pixel preview it will look correct to you.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem with the display. My native resolution is 3840x2160, and the Illustrator interface is much larger and chunkier than it used to be.  I tried turning on Pixel Preview, and besides the fact that it looks horrible, it also turned my whole User Interface gray background white.  Choosing another view doesn't fix that. Closing the program and reopening also does not restore my gray User Interface. (Yes, I did check my display preferences to make sure the gray was still chosen.)

So, 1) how do I get my gray background back, and 2) how could anyone EVER use pixel preview for anything if they actually want to see and work on something, esp. vectors?  Actually, I don't care about that unless there is some earthshaking reason I haven't come across yet.  But basically, I don't see any advantage in leaving it turned on all the time. And if I have to change my overall system resolution just to make it visually useful, I'll stick with 2018 because I'm not interested in having all my other programs blow up in favor of accommodating the new version of Illustrator.  Illustrator is not the only program I work in.

One more thing -- in case anyone has any insight; the last person to respond kept saying this was a resolution problem, but I don't believe it is.  When I open some palettes in Illustrator -- e.g., the Effects Gallery -- the options within are so minuscule that I can't even read them.  This happened in 2018 as well, and is still happening in 2019.  The person who told me it was a "resolution setting" is, I believe, quite wrong, since not every palette is affected, and other programs are not affected by the same malady.  Any thoughts on this problem would be appreciated, too.  The irony is, now that Illustrator is blowing everything else out of proportion, you'd think I might have a chance of seeing the Effects Gallery window, but it is still doing it's own thing and isn't even affected. As is, it might as well not exist. I'd have to have my nose against the monitor AND use a magnifying glass to read the words, and never mind seeing the preview image. It's only about two pixels wide itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can adjust the interface scaling in the preferences to handle the size of the buttons, but the artboard, itself, is unusable as it is right now. I don't want to have to downgrade to 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 23.0.1 and only using pixel preview fixed this issue. Used to be fine in Ver 2018 by the way.

Thanks so much!

Ran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have just gotten off the phone to Adobe technical support about this.

My monitor runs at 7680x4320, with Windows 10 set to 100% scaling. Illustrator is set to 100% also (with the UI slider dragged to the far left). The UI appears to look correct, however the artboard is completely wrong.

It seems that any resolution that is higher than 1080 gives an incorrect artboard size. Creating an artboard of 3840x2160 should give a white space that takes up exactly one quarter of my screen. It doesn't. It creates a document that when set to "Fit artboard in window" fills the entire screen, displaying it as around 49% zoom. When setting the view to actual size, it's like I'm looking at a document that's nearly 15,000 pixels wide. The technician has agreed to pass this on to an engineering team to look at, but in the mean time I will have to stay with the 2018 version. Using Illustrator at actual size is very important especially considering my document sheets are exact. Not also to mention the pixilation that may occur when using rasterised images. Uugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I've had to resort to downgrading to CC 2018 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make you aware, I spoke to the technicians at Adobe again yesterday. They have forwarded this to their development team to be investigated, and was told that there will be a new patch coming soon that [may] fix the problem.

I also found out that there are similar issues with InDesign, however Photoshop seems to be fine.

It's still being worked on, hold tight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a patch today, only in beta so far though:

100% view is not 100% for pixels in cc2019 – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update. In the beta version, "Display actual size at 100% zoom" does nothing for the oversized artboard whatsoever. To get it to display at the correct size both that option (and) pixel preview needs to be turned on, however this then reduces the performance drastically (for example, holding space while dragging to pan the document around stutters the process to around 4-5fps). Even moving items around on the artboard is very slow, and that's with an empty canvas... with a lot of content I would imagine this to be impossible. I understand this is pre-release software but it's a step in the right direction.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jackdowson_uk  wrote

Just an update. In the beta version, "Display actual size at 100% zoom" does nothing for the oversized artboard whatsoever. To get it to display at the correct size both that option (and) pixel preview needs to be turned on

isn't this exactly the situation we have at the moment anyway?

For the slowdown, I think it's because pixel preview doesn't use GPU acceleration. So that's another reason using that isn't a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forgive me, I made a mistake by misreading. I can confirm that turning the setting OFF in preferences resolves the issue for me.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure hope they fix it soon, though.  I keep looking for those  most recently used fonts, and apparently I can't have those without turning the previews on.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops, wrong thread.  Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

Please refer to release notes and get the preference that you will have to change to turn off the new Actual print size feature introduced with version 23.0

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting is found in Preferences > General... > Display Print Size at 100% Zoom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQ – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in while updating.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

i have still the same artboard resolution issues on my MacBook Pro even after the installation ( Mac Build (1.8GB ) ) Is the Mac SDK (28MB) file obligatory?. The issue only appears on Illustrator and not on PS or Animate.
My setup is:

MacBook Pro + LG HDR 4K Monitor. Both connected.

Dont know what i am doin wrong. I have just download the file and started them but with no difference to Illustrator 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines