• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2021 crashing on launch on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to upgrade to AI 2021, the installation goes right and when I'm trying to open it just crashes.... without error information or any kind of diagnostic.... help!!!!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If I get it correctly, you are facing the similar issue and you have already tried the steps I shared above but the problem still persists. If yes, then I would request if you could share a few more details like:

We’re here to help, just need more info. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, AI is not launching gettting stuck in the launch window, does not give a crash report. I have tried the font validation and re install the app. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishi, i ma hving the same issues. 

i have validated all fonts, but for some reason i can send a report 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can plesae asssit, i have urgent orders to get out and i am at a stand still.

Thank you  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstall 2021 version and install 2020, it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you i will try this now. Fingers crossed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this worked and got me out of truble for now. Thank you again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I've restore all the fonts in my computer and reinstall Illustrator 2021, it didn't worked.....I tried the "crash logs" thing..... but illustrator crashes and just shuts, it didn't showed me the panel.... I've also reset the preferences, but it didn't worked either......

Pleaseeee helpppp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue here and its frustrating. Adobe Illustrator 2021 crashes immediatly. All fonts are vaidated. Running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. Have restarted, re-installed, cross check wacom driver, contacted adobe remote assistance. All still fail. It works fine to launch the 2020 version, but not Illsutrator 2021. Please resolve this issue team adobe 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, mine does exactly the same. it just keeps on the opening screen and then the activity monitor says it's not responding. I've tried to uninstall & reinstall, restart & relaunch, but it's just the same.

Adobe Illustrator 2021 on Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem, and I checked to make sure there are no issues with my fonts already. How can I reinstall Illustrator 2020 in the meantime? I deleted in when i downloaded 2021, but really need to use illustrator for work and need to be able to access it asap. Is there some way I can re download 2020? I can't find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To download older version, please follow the steps shared on this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I jhave the same problem.

After installing Illustrator 2021, it crashes by launch.

I already did the Font check and removed corrupt fonts.

Here you can find my log

https://we.tl/t-kW2NKLm9xt

Please help me. I cant work like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya lo resolvi !!! restaure todas las fonts de mi mac en otras palabras elimine todas las fonts instaldas en mi mac y funciono 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola! Como haces eso? Como restauras los Fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El font manager es App de apple en archivo RESTAurar fonts 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Se llama font book busca cómo restaurar te recomiendo hacer un respaldo de font instaladas ya que las eliminará pero funcionará yo ya llevo un día usando sin problemas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm, Illustrator 2020 working fine, Illustrator 2021 freezes while opening at stage "Initializing". Issue occcurs with and without eGPU enabled.
Mac Mini Late 2018
32GB RAM
Rzer Core X eGPU w. Radeon RX Vega 56 
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Identical problem. Very frustrating for a professional, especially as Adobe have started uninstalling my CC fonts as a strong-arm tactic to get you to upgrade. Tempted to scrap my Creative Cloud subscription and go back to CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They had to pull *some* fonts from the Adobe Fonts because of licensing. They cannot get the fonts back, because the license holder decided otherwise. That has nothing to do with urging you to do something.

In order to solve your trouble:

- did you already reset the preferences? For most people migrating preferences from an old version doesn't work when upgrading. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

- if that does not help: please try and create a new user account on the machine and check if Illustrator launches from that one

- do you have any third party plugins installed? they might not be compatible, so uninstall them

- do you have font management? it might not be comaptible either

- same goes for graphic tablet drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

I'm aware of the licensing reasons for removing fonts from Adobe Fonts. That's not what I'm talking about. Adobe automatically disable your fonts outside of their products due to "lack of use" and force you to either update to prevent the issue, or go through each font individually and redownload it. With a large number of fonts synced CC's app breaks and means you have to restart your machine to jolt it back to being able to reinstall them. 

In response to your other point, my answer is as follows: yes; yes; yes; yes; yes.

I've been using Adobe products for my sins since OS 9, and this is what I do every time CC updates and one of my vital apps breaks spontaneously. This has happened every version bar 2019 with one of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or Lightroom. More fool me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe automatically disable your fonts outside of their products due to "lack of use" and force you to either update to prevent the issue, or go through each font individually and redownload it. "

You might be confusing Adobe with some other company. Adobe has no influence on fonts outside of their products.

Or are you perhaps referring to PostScript Type 1 fonts? Your system might not be supporting them anymore. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250939809

Since you are using Illustrator forso long, you might already know that Illustrator is very picky about fonts. Always has been and probably always will be. If you want to force InDsign to use specific fonts, put them in the Fonts folder beside your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, it's my work and now I cannot work today! How can I solve this? did all the things that are told here, fonts, reset preferences etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!!!!! I'm glad to tell you that some amazing user give me THE tip to solve this issue, if you're using a wacom tablet you have to uninstall the drivers and launch illustrator 2020 and then reinstall the drivers, mine is working smoothly after that, hope it helps some of you too!
thanks buddy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Illustrator 2021 crashes by launch. All other Adobe apps work just fine.

And yes I use a wacom tablet.

Can you help me how I can install Illustrator 2020? I cant find it in the Adobe store. 
Do i have to uninstall the wacom tablet drivers? So I can only use Illustrator 2020 not 2021? 
Sorry, I am a tech-dummy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines