• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 Crashing on macOS Monterey

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with Ai 2021 but now Ai 2022 keeps crashing on me. Uninstalled an re-installed twice. Im on MaOS Monteray. Have no clue what to do. I can use Ai 2021 but ill have to deal with the right click menu problem.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Would it be possible for you to share this file? If yes, you can upload it to the Creative Cloud/ Dropbox/ Google Drive or any other similar service and share the download link here or via DM. I will check it at my end.
Moreover, it can be an Internal SSD issue. As you mentioned, there is no issue while using files from an External HDD. You may try Disk repair and check folders permission as you are accessing files from External HDD that can cause performance issues. For example, Internal SSD's actual real-time speeds are 400 Mbps approx, whereas external HDD speed varies from 20 - 100 Mbps.

I would suggest you clean install macOS or try installing Illustrator v 25.4.3 to check if it helps with performance.

Additionally,  please check "GPU Performance" is enabled from Illustartorr Preferences > Performance > check GPU Performance, Animated Zoom & Real-Time Drawing & Editing. I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many issues with Adobe, Monterey and M1 chip...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care - they can login to your Machine.

Some people have reported Fonts and Antivirus to be the source of their issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you contact customer care?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error message:

Localized resources files could not be loaded. Please reinstall this application to solve the problem.

when I try to launch Illustrator 26.1.0 on a 2021 M1 Macbook Pro running Monterey 12.1. This happens every time I try to launch the application. I am runnning into a similar problem when I try to launch Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @scottf76943833,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I would recommend you to update the macOS to v12.3.1 and Illustrator to v26.2.1 & v23.2.2 and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded the OS, Illustrator, and Photoshop and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks!

Best--

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi may i know what is your mac processor and memory ?? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Apple Menu and choose "About this Mac"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this is crazy! i even have to reformat my mac becasue it keep crashing! i rather using older version macos to use Ai2020, but you can't! because there's NO AI old version for you to download anymore! 

i think only way is to sell your mac and get a better one. (apple strategy??)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KFC1212,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and crashing. I can understand your frustration! 

Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html)?

If it doesn't help, would you mind sharing a few details like:

• System specification along with the exact version of macOS & Illustrator?
  • Please submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here whenever the crash happens (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report, and we can assist you accordingly.
  • Does the crash happen while working on a specific file or after performing a specific action, or using a particular tool/ effect?

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using imac 2017- 3.4ghz Quad-core intel core i5 (8 g ram)

Macos monterey 12.6, illustrator 26.5

it crash when open, crazy!!!!!

but my macbook pro 2017 is total fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KFC1212,

Thanks for sharing the details & sorry for the delayed response. Would you mind updating to Illustrator 2023 v27.0 and seeing if that helps or not?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines