• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2023 can't finish previewing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new computer with more 32gb of ram. My old computer has 12. I needed a new one to run an embroidery program and after looking over the system requirements I figured it should be good to run Illustrator as well. 
I used it for about a day and it crashed over night. Not a big deal. However when I opened it and tried to simply add a stroke around some text it kept giving me the can't finish previewing message then would turn it all to wireframe. HELP! Is it because it's windows 11 now? Illustrator 2022?

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1260P 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

887 GB of storage is free

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do also tell us about the file, the number of objects you performed the operation on and the nature of the operation you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a simple file. It is text that has been outlined. I went to add a stroke around it. A white stroke around black text. It was the only file I had open. 

defaulttg72cxp1skiz_0-1672421080060.png

It was all very basic actually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload that file to Dropbox or the like, so that we can try it?

Did you already try and reset the preferences? This will erase your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset preferences?

Like in the program? I haven't set any preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some information about the preferences and resetting them: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaulttg72cxp1skiz,

We are sorry for the trouble. I would like to know if Monika's suggestion to reset preferences helped. If not, would you mind checking if there are any clip groups with compound clipping paths in the layers? If yes, please delete it and see if that helps.

Anshul_Saini_0-1674223204882.png

Also, you can try deleting multiple layers at once & check if it reverts to GPU preview by pressing ctrl + e. If it doesn't, then restore the layer using ctrl + z. Keep doing this till you find the culprit layer in the file.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines