• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2023 crashing | Sorry, illustrator has encountered an error and needs to close error 205

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I recently udated my illustrator app, and not it keeps crashing and I can not work on it. I need help please i dony know what else to do. The message "sorry, illustrator has encountered an error and needs to close keeps appearing

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Hi @Gabriela26709312q96f,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind confirming the Illustrator version in which you are facing the issue?

To troubleshoot this issue, please try the steps suggested in this helpx article (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-licensing-error-205.html).

If this doesn't help, try updating Illustrator and Creative Cloud desktop app and see if that helps!

Let us know how it goes!

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Sa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same problem.  I have done everything on the support page as well as uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator 2023 multiple times as well as deleted the preferences.  None of this has stopped the error 205 messege I get when I start the program.  This is getting extremely frustrating, especially since this is a subscription based program now.  Does anyone have any fixes that I havent already tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to contact Customer Care https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html  They can login to your system and check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Copyright1972,

I understand how frustrating it can be to encounter errors like 205 in Adobe Illustrator, even after trying the steps suggested on the support page and uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator multiple times. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

To address the issue, I would suggest checking if you have the latest version of Adobe Illustrator installed on your system. The current version is v27.3.1. Updating to the latest version may resolve the issue.

Additionally, you can try restarting your computer, which can sometimes help resolve software-related issues. Another option is to sign out and sign back into the Illustrator or Creative Cloud Desktop app from the Help menu. This can refresh the connection and resolve any issues that may be causing the error.

I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue. If not, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the same issue, crashed numerous times, so i started over with a new file, tried to draw some simple lines and the file is completely locked. I will look at the linked article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @donp2020974,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing a similar issue with Adobe Illustrator. It's indeed frustrating when the application crashes or freezes. Here are some additional steps you can take to address the problem:

• Note down the specific actions or tools that trigger the crashes or lock the file. This information can help pinpoint the issue.
  • If your document contains linked files, make sure they are accessible. Broken links can lead to crashes or locking issues.
  • try the steps suggested in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html

I hope these additional steps help you diagnose and resolve the problem you're facing with Adobe Illustrator.

If it doesn't, please share your system details, including the OS version. Also, confirm the illustrator version you are using and any relevant info or screenshots related to the issue you are facing.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines