• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.3.1 - Linked Image Scale Issue

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a big problem with this recent update. Image handling is now completely failing. My specific issue is with scale.  After the update, opening any file with a linked image scales the image up about 3x.  I had to revert to the previous build, which fixed my issue - but if you do this, be sure to backup your local settings folder.  I lost some of my actions, workspaces, etc. when reverting. Below filepath helped restore my settings:

(InstalledDrive)C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings\en_US\x64

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reported this as a bug? Adobe Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes, I submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operational problems can occur after a program upgrade if you try and use the preferences that you used for the previous version. When installing upgrades there is an option to import previous settings and preferences. Unfortunately doing this can lead to a multitude of problems for many users. If you want to use the latest version then I would suggest trashing the Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folder in the path you presented. Yes, it is a pain to redo all of your actions, workspaces, etc. but the tradeoff of doing so is usually better, more consistent performance. Once you do have it set up again make a copy of the new "pristine" folder to use if there is any future corruption with the version that you created it for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue and it's frustrating.  Recently updated the CC Desktop App, and Adobe delightfully re-enabled my auto-update so a ton of Adobe apps updated on their own again.  (Thanks Adobe!)  Anyway, now running Illustrator 27.2 and having a couple issues so far, but the biggest seems to be the scale issue with image Links.  My RGB image is 5in wide at 300ppi, yet the "Scale:" information in the Links panel is incorrect.  Fortunaetly, it does place on the artboard at the correct size but the scale info in the panel is concerning.  

Know people may ask about my Document Raster settings, (which is 300ppi) but it's strange I can open the same exact file without changing anything and the Scale within the Links panel is now displaying correctly.  Checkout my screenshots attached. Illustrator 24.3 VS 27.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm still using 26.2.1 - and also I kept windows 10 as opposed to upgrading to 11 since the performance in Ai is pathetic for a rig with 128 gb ram and 32 gb vram - works, but I have many issues with my presets and preferences still. Good luck 👍🏽 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines