• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26, toolbar blocking rulers & tabbed windows missing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this is my own error, so please let me know if there is an easy fix these undesirable UI changes in Illustrator v26....

The new UI in Illustrator v26 has the main toolbar blocking portions of my rulers & when I try to dock the toolbar to the far left of the screen it will only dock to a position, where it blocks the rulers.

Also, in v26, when I have multiple files open, I do not have tabs running across the top of my window to easily keep track of open files.

Also in v26 the Minimize/maximize/close buttons (which are omnipresent in EVERY windows desktop app since win95 OSR1,) are missing in v26..  What gives?  I seriously need to be able to minimize this window when I want to. 

Screenshots w/ details below... Please advise on whether there is a way to work round these v26 UI changes.  Thanks!

illustrator-ui-changes.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

With difficulty, I was able to resolve these issues.   Somehow v26 defaulting to the Screen Mode "Full Screen with Menu Bar Mode", which caused my window tabs & max/min/close block to disappear.  This mode also forced the docked toolbar to cover portions of the rulers.... Far from ideal for my use case.

The fix was pretty easy (once I found the correct settings buried in the View menu).

View -> Screen Mode -> Normal Screen Mode.

This restored my UI to my version of normal.

normal-scren-mode.jpg

Thanks me, for spendi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, but try a prefs reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With difficulty, I was able to resolve these issues.   Somehow v26 defaulting to the Screen Mode "Full Screen with Menu Bar Mode", which caused my window tabs & max/min/close block to disappear.  This mode also forced the docked toolbar to cover portions of the rulers.... Far from ideal for my use case.

The fix was pretty easy (once I found the correct settings buried in the View menu).

View -> Screen Mode -> Normal Screen Mode.

This restored my UI to my version of normal.

normal-scren-mode.jpg

Thanks me, for spending several hours fruitlessly searching the web for the solution.. Dont be fooled, anyone can solve problems by randomly flailing your arms and clicking on randomb buttons like me!

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines