• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator and Mac OS High Sierra

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I hold off installing the new Mac OS next week until Adobe updates Illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Please accept my assurance. Apple and Adobe are doing their best to address compatibility issues with the product. We have also heard Wacom driver issues on this forum. They are concerned too and are working on to get this resolved ASAP. Till that time we fix all of this I would humbly request you to be with OSX 10.12.

Meanwhile, we are also baking a build please join us on our pre-release forum: http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd personally hold of for a few years, if you can. I'm still on Yosemite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading to a new OS should always be done very carefully. Specifically, you need to look at all the software that you are running on your Mac not just Creative Cloud. I always prefer to wait until there has been enough time that everything I hold dear on my Mac will have the time to issue updates that are compatible. That is why I am still running El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I would wait untill the OS has been proven stable and your applications work as expected.

If you cannot wait (for whatever reason), be sure to make a Time Machine (or other) backup of your current stable system, in case you run into problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a good step by step instruction on how to safely update on Planet Quark: http://www.planetquark.com/2015/09/28/how-to-create-yourself-a-backdoor-to-downgrade-os-x/

Personally I will wait at least until the 10.13.8 update of High Sierra 🙂 There's a slight chance that most bugs are gone by then. But I'd rather not install any uneven system versions at all. They have been crap for the last couple of years. Can you name any improvement the system has? If not, don't install, because you won't notice any improvement anyway.

BTW: there is no updated Wacom driver yet.

BTW: there are rumours about trouble with APFS file system (sorry, it's in German, maybe there's a translation somewhere: Apples Update auf Mac OS 10.13 macht Probleme  )

And then there's an issue with the keychain. It's not as secure as one would hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ton+Frederiks  wrote

Personally I would wait untill the OS has been proven stable and your applications work as expected.

If you cannot wait (for whatever reason), be sure to make a Time Machine (or other) backup of your current stable system, in case you run into problems.

I seem to average about 6 months or so after a new macOS comes out before I actually switch my production Mac over to it. During that 6 months I keep an eye on ongoing issues that I don't want to deal with (with both Apple and non-Apple software), and by the time those issues get fixed macOS is usually about at its 10.1x.3 or .4 update.

Those who can't wait don't have to upgrade their production system. There are times when I do need to document or test the new OS even though my production Mac isn't on it yet. I'll either find a spare hard drive and install the new system on that, or partition my Mac drive into two volumes so that the new release can be tested on the second volume. Either way, the production volume stays on the old system that is known to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any hopes that this will be resolved before MAX? as the lab sessions usually run with the latest system and app releases? as most of the labs are Mac based!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please accept my assurance. Apple and Adobe are doing their best to address compatibility issues with the product. We have also heard Wacom driver issues on this forum. They are concerned too and are working on to get this resolved ASAP. Till that time we fix all of this I would humbly request you to be with OSX 10.12.

Meanwhile, we are also baking a build please join us on our pre-release forum: http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that Illustrator CC 22.0 has just been released. Has Adobe now finally made all its CC programs compatible with Mac OS High Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes, we do formally support High Sierra. There is just one ongoing issue on rendering on few Intel GPUs that we are working with Apple

Thanks,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Can i upgrade to Mac OS High Sierra Now That I have upgraded  all my Adobe apps to the latest  release

I am Running  on a Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 with the AMD FirePro D500 not an Intel GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graemezee,

Have you gotten anything on this? I'm also waiting for a final determination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No comments/ response as  yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a iMac Retina 5K 4.2 GHz i7 Radeon Pro 580. Can I upgrade to High Sierra with the latest updated Adobe Apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

I am running a iMac Retina 5K 4.2 GHz i7 Radeon Pro 580. Can I upgrade to High Sierra with the latest updated Adobe Apps

We have not heard any issue with the hardware you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea at what point the Mac OS high Sierra + Illustrator CC will be compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are already compatible. CC 2018 is the only version fully supported for High Sierra. That doesn’t mean that you can expect everything to run perfectly. A lot will still depend on how old your computer is, which model, what video card, etc. Also, as updates for High Sierra come out Adobe will always be playing “catch-up” to make sure that CC 2018 remains compatible. This has always been the case, though, with every version of the software and operating systems. No matter at what point you jump into the fray it’s always going to be a bumpy ride.

If you do install CC 2018 make sure that “Import previous settings and preferences” is unchecked in the Advanced Options that will appear during the install. Many people have had performance issue because of having this checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! My McBook Pro is six months new with High Sierra, but the Illustrator was still 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My illustrator won't open with the High Sierra version 10.13.5.  if I have a jpg in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

My illustrator won't open with the High Sierra version 10.13.5.  if I have a jpg in it.

Please create a new thread and explain in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too. Illustrator is all sorts of ruined with 10.13.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines